Improvement works at Tai O
Brief Description of Project Scope:
Phase 1 works include:
- Riverwall at Yat Chung
- Temple garden upgrade at Kwan Tai Temple
- Information and directional signage at inner-core area of Tai O
Phase 2 Stage 1 works include:
- Public open space
- Public transport terminus
- Cycle parking area
- Loading and unloading area
- Provision of parking space at Yim Tin
Phase 2 Stage 2 works include:
- Footbridges at Po Chue Tam and Yim Tin
- Enhancement of the existing temple garden for Yeung Hau Temple
- Enhancing the existing space for community and cultural events
- The remaining works of the project, aiming to improve local facilities for preserving the heritage and facilitating visitors' appreciation of the natural attributes of Tai O, are under planning. The works mainly include improvement of existing streetscape within Tai O's inner-core area, signage and inner loop heritage trail etc. The scope is being reviewed.
Project Office in Civil Engineering and Development Department:Sustainable Lantau Office (Enquiry: 2231 4408)
Consultant:Mannings (Asia) Consultants Limited and Meinhardt Infrastructure and Environment Limited
Approved Project Estimate:$151 million (Phase 1 works)
$124 million (Phase 2 Stage 1 works)
$813 million (Others)
Status:Completed (Phase 1 works)
Completed (Phase 2 Stage 1 works)
Under Detailed Design (Phase 2 Stage 2 works)
Under Planning (Remaining works)
Construction for the Phase 1 works was completed under PWP Item 7435RO and the facilities were commissioned in mid 2014.
Construction for the Phase 2 Stage 1 works under PWP Item 7469RO commenced in September 2016 and was substantially completed in October 2019.
Phase 2 Stage 2 works are under detailed design stage.
The Remaining works are under planning and the scope is being reviewed.