Tender Reference :Contract No.: ND/2018/01
Procuring Department :Civil Engineering and Development Department
Subject :Site Formation and Infrastructure Works for Police Facilities in Kong Nga Po
The works mainly comprise:
- site formation of about 19 hectares of land at Kong Nga Po;
- upgrading of existing Kong Nga Po Road of about 1.7 kilometres long to a 7.3 metres wide single two-lane carriageway and construction of a new vehicular bridge of about 100 metres long, and
- associated infrastructure works, including road works, waterworks, drainage and sewerage works, geotechnical works, landscaping works, environmental mitigation measures, and other ancillary works.
The works are scheduled to commence in November 2019 and will take about 38 months to complete.
Estimated Quantity :Not Applicable
Mr. Stanley CHAN
AECOM Asia Company Limited
8/F, Grand Central Plaza, Tower 2
138 Shatin Rural Committee Road,
Sha Tin, Hong Kong
Tel. No. : (852) 3922 9000
Fax No. : (852) 3922 9797
Email : email@example.com
Closing Date/Time :12:00 noon, Friday, 16 Aug 2019
Submission of Tenders :Sealed tenders, in duplicate, must be clearly marked with the tender reference and the subject of the tender on the outside of the envelope (but should not bear any indication which may relate the tender to the tenderer) addressed to the Chairman, Central Tender Board, and placed in the Government Secretariat Tender Box situated on the Lobby of Public Entrance on the Ground Floor, East Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong. Tenders must be deposited in the tender box as specified in this tender notice (“Specified Tender Box”) before the tender closing time. Late tenders and tenders not deposited in the Specified Tender Box will not be accepted.
- If a black rainstorm warning signal or tropical cyclone warning signal No. 8 or above is in effect at any time between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on Friday, 16 August 2019, the tender closing time will be postponed to 12:00 noon on the first working day after the black rainstorm warning signal has ceased to be in effect or the tropical cyclone warning signal No. 8 is lowered. In case of blockage of the public access to the location of the Specified Tender Box at any time between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on Friday, 16 August 2019, the Government will announce extension of the tender closing time until further notice. Following removal of the blockage, the Government will announce the extended tender closing time as soon as practicable. The above announcements will be made via press releases on the website of Information Services Department (https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/today.htm).
- Selective tendering is adopted. Contractors on the List of Approved Contractors for Public Works in Group C (confirmed) under the Site Formation Category or joint ventures with participation of local and/or overseas contractors with the lead participant or the major shareholder being on the List of Approved Contractors for Public Works in Group C (confirmed) under the Site Formation Category who also meet the following qualifications and other conditions for participation stipulated in the tender documents are invited to tender:-
- The tenderer, or the lead participant/major shareholder in case of a joint venture tenderer, has completed at least one construction contract involving site formation works with an adjusted contract value not less than HK$500 million, in or outside Hong Kong, within the past 10 years counting from the original date set for the close of tender. The adjusted contract value shall be the awarded contract sum being adjusted to current price level as stipulated in the tender documents.
- Contractors not yet on the List of Approved Contractors for Public Works in Group C (confirmed) under the Site Formation Category may also submit a tender if they submit a request for participation together with a duly completed application for inclusion in the above-mentioned approved list/category by 17 July 2019 to Chief Engineer/North (SD2), North Development Office, Civil Engineering and Development Department at Unit 2813, Level 28, Tower I, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, New Territories, Hong Kong, meet the qualifications and conditions for participation, and the application for inclusion is duly approved on or before the tender closing date. Details for making the application are available at: https://www.devb.gov.hk/en/construction_sector_matters/contractors/index.html.
- Contractors will be liable to have their names removed from the approved list if they fail or refuse to implement an accepted tender.
- This tender is covered by the Agreement on Government Procurement of the World Trade Organization and will not involve electronic auction.
- The forms of tender and further particulars are obtainable from Mr. Stanley CHAN, Director, AECOM Asia Company Limited at 8th Floor, Grand Central Plaza, Tower 2, 138 Shatin Rural Committee Road, Sha Tin, Hong Kong (Telephone No.: (852) 3922 9000, Fax No.: (852) 3922 9797).
- A charge will be levied for delivery of tender documents where the delivery of tender documents is requested by a tenderer. A written request must be made.
- The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region does not bind itself to accept any tender irrespective of whether the tender is the lowest bid or where the assessment of tenders is based on a marking scheme or formula approach, the tender has the highest overall score.
- The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region reserves the right to negotiate with any tenderer about the terms of the offer.
- Details of the award of this contract will be published in the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Gazette and made available on the Internet at https://www.gld.gov.hk/eng/services_2_c.htm.