The following Mines Division Practice Notes and Guidance Notes relate to applications for the use, storage, manufacture, approval and transport of blasting explosives:

Title Further Information
Licences to possess explosives, and Permits to use explosives for blasting operations
(How to Apply for a Blasting Permit )
PDF (272KB)
Licences to store blasting explosives
(How to Apply for a Mode A Store Licence for Storage of Blasting Explosives )
PDF (349KB)
Licences to manufacture explosives on site for immediate use in blasting
(Licensing of a Manufacturing Unit for Explosives at a Blast Site )
PDF (114KB)
Approval of blasting explosives for use
(Approval of Blasting Explosives for Use in Hong Kong )
PDF (99KB)
Approval of a vehicle to carry blasting explosives
(Requirements for Approval of an Explosives Delivery Vehicle )
PDF (278KB)
Permits to move explosives from place to place on land
(Delivery of Blasting Explosives and Related Safety and Security Procedures )
PDF (28KB)
Mine Blasting Certificates or authorization to prepare and fire charges for blasting operations
(Mine Blasting Certificate and Authorization to Use Explosives )
PDF (50KB)

For additional information on:

Applications should be made to the Commissioner of Mines, Civil Engineering and Development Department, 6/F, South Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Kowloon.

Mines Division

Geotechnical Engineering Office
Civil Engineering and Development Department