Kai Tak development – infrastructure for developments at the former runway and south apron
Brief Description of Project Scope:
The scope of Stage 4 comprises:
a. construction of the following items of works located at the former runway –
- a section of dual two-lane Road D3 (Metro Park Section) (MPS) of about 1 130 metres (m) long connecting Shing Kai Road at the former north apron and Road D3A at the former runway, including about 200 m underpass with associated 320 m depressed road, 360 m elevated road and 250 m at grade road;
- a single two-lane Road L12d of about 47 m long connecting Road D3A at the former runway;
- a salt water pumping station and associated water intake;
- a sewage pumping station; and
- landscaped decks of about 380 m long in total with a minimum width of about 11 m above Road D3 (MPS) and landscaped area adjoining Road D3 (MPS) providing a total of about 3.9 hectares of public open space.
The scope of Stage 5 comprises:
b. construction of the following items of works located at the former south apron –
- single two-lane roads of about 650 m long in total covering part of Road L10, Road L18 and Road S20; and
- a landscaped elevated walkway of about 140 m long, connected with the existing footbridge KF64, with associated lifts and a staircase.
c. associated footpaths, street lighting, traffic aids, drainage, sewerage, water mains, landscaping, outfalls, modification of seawall, electrical and mechanical works and ancillary works at the former runway and south apron; and
d. implementation of environmental mitigation measures and related environmental monitoring and audit (EM&A) works for the works mentioned in items (a) to (c) above.
Project Office in Civil Engineering and Development Department:East Development Office (Enquiry: 3579 2452)
Consultant:AECOM Asia Company Limited; Hyder-Meinhardt-Joint Venture.
Approved Project Estimate:$2.874 billion
The Stage 4 works commenced on 30 May 2019 and the Stage 5 works commenced on 14 November 2019.
The delivery of both stages of works is on schedule.
Contract No. ED/2018/01
same as project scope for the Stage 4 above plus other miscellaneous works at the former runway
|Commencement Date:||30 May 2019|
|Completion Date:||completion in phases by 2023|
|Contract Sum:||$1.480 billion|
|Contractor:||Penta-Ocean Construction Co., Ltd.|
Contract No. ED/2018/04
same as project scope for the Stage 5 infrastructure above plus the project scope of 7785TH (Trunk Road T2 and Cha Kwo Ling Tunnel)
14 November 2019
completion in phases by 2023 (for Stage 5 infrastructure)
$10.918 billion (for Stage 5 infrastructure and for Trunk Road T2 and Cha Kwo Ling Tunnel)
Bouygues Travaux Publics