First Stage of Site Formation and Engineering Infrastructure at Kwu Tung North and Fanling North New Development Areas
Brief Description of Project Scope:
The Project is part of the first phase of the Kwu Tung North (KTN) and Fanling North (FLN) New Development Area (NDA) development and comprises mainly :
- development of a nature park at Long Valley of about 37 hectares (ha) including provision of a visitor centre and a footbridge of about 50 metres long spanning across Sheung Yue River for connection between the nature park and the visitor centre;
- reprovisioning of two egretry sites in the FLN NDA and enhancement works to an existing egretry site in the KTN NDA;
- site formation of about 2.3 ha of land (including soil treatment works) for a village resite area and a district police station in the KTN NDA;
- engineering infrastructure works including roads, drainage, sewerage, waterworks, slopeworks and landscaping works; and
- implementation of environmental mitigation measures and environmental monitoring and audit (EM&A) programme for the works mentioned in items (a) to (d) above.
Project Office in Civil Engineering and Development Department:North Development Office (Enquiry: 3152 3551)
Consultant:AECOM Asia Company Limited
Approved Project Estimate:$896.4 million
Construction commenced in December 2019
Contract no. ND/2019/03
Scope: The contract mainly comprises development of a nature park at Long Valley and ecological mitigation and enhancement works for the nature park.
Commencement Date: 19 December 2019
Completion Date: end 2022
Contract Sum: $324 million
Contractor: Sang Hing - Kuly Joint Venture
Contract no. ND/2019/02
Scope: The contract mainly comprises road and drainage works between Kwu Tung North New Development Area and Shek Wu Hui; construction of a sewage pumping station, a visitor centre for Long Valley Nature Park and a footbridge spanning across Sheung Yue River; and site formation of land and the associated engineering infrastructure works for a village resite area in Kwu Tung North New Development Area.
Commencement Date: 17 February 2020
Completion Date: end 2024
Contract Sum: $598 million
Contractor: Chun Wo - Kwan Lee Joint Venture